Thursday, May 10, 2012

Re-Purpose

Yeah, I kind of re-purpose everything, or try to... So much so that when I ask my hubby not to toss something, he says, "What are you going to make with it?" Ha... Re-purposing, or up-cycling is good all around... for the environment, to save money & for the recipient. Here are some re-purposed, up-cycled goodies for Gabriel:

Dish washing soap bottle for Bubbles
Gabriel LOVES bubbles. Anytime is a bubble time with us... inside or outside... I carry a little bottle in my bag at all times! Sesame Street had a Bubble Fest Episode. Part of it was the scienec of finding the right homemade mixture to create the perfect bubbles... This is what they came up with:
Bubble Formula=1/2 cup of dishwashing liquid & 4 cups of warm water
I fill the plastic dish soap bottle then refill a couple of little bottles, here & there.

Produce Holder as Sand Mold
Which one is the re-purposed item? I bet you can tell but does it really matter to your child? Those plastic containers make great sand toys once they are washed with warm, soapy water. This blue one originally housed button mushrooms.
 Paper Towel Tube Robot
I do a lot of crafts with paper towel tubes so I always save them. This one was for a sniffly, sick G... it took 3 paper towel rolls & string & a hole punch...
 Priceless

<3 Lishie & Gabriel

Visit my Food Blog: DeLish

No comments:

Post a Comment