Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Thy Name is Paint

I have a pretty unique 3 year old. He loves to craft but does not like to stay dirty. So, finger painting is very clean in our household. This began, in my mind, after seeing it on Pinterest as a finger painting craft & quickly changed to a paint brush one. The shapes on the peripheral of the name are sponges dipped in the paint.

The funniest thing here is the prep (I had to do it) took longer than most things! I cut out the letters of Gabriel's name from painter's tape. This is an 8X11 & 1/2" piece of paper. I'd suggest using a bigger poster-size sheet & just creating large, block letters with the tape!


All you have to do is, using painter's tape, apply child's name. Allow the child to paint over it... Then allow the paint to fully dry. Carefully peel off the painter's tape.


Sometimes the art is in what is absent!
<3 Lishie & Gabriel

Visit my Food Blog: DeLish
 

No comments:

Post a Comment